How to Report a Student Absence:
You have a few options on how to report and/or excuse absences when your child will be absent.
- The office will send a Parent Square notification of the absence (around 9:45am-10am), if you reply to the notification this acts as a note and the absence will excused (for absences 1-9, absences 10+ will need a note from a medical professional to be excused) or
- Sign into PowerSchool and fill out the Parent Guardian absence note (this note will excuse the absence for absences 1-9, absences 10+ will need a note from a medical professional to be excused) or
- Message Carrie Mongillo in Parent Square to report the absence (a signed note from home or a Parent Square or PowerSchool note is needed to excuse for absences 1-9, absences 10+ will need a note from a medical professional to excuse).
- If you know of an upcoming absences (i.e. for a medical appointment) you can send in a note ahead of time that will inform the office and excuse the absence.
- If you have any questions please refer to the districts attendance policy 5113, regulation 5113a: BOE Policies
**If your child needs to be dismissed early or be a walker for a day, please send in a note or call the school. Do not use the absence form or send an email or Parent Square message.